This beautiful Manjushri Thangka Painting is painted using traditional style. At Himalayas Shop all our Thangka are hand painted on cotton canvas using natural stone colour, Gold and other natural pigments. Thangka Painting may take from 1 month to years to complete a single painting depending upon its quality.
If you require Thangka Brocade for this thangka please quote us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Manjushri is an important presence in Mahayana Sutra, especially the Prajnaparamita sutras (Perfection of Wisdom sutras), Lotus Sutra, Avatamsaka Sutra. He is attributed with bringing the insight that leads many sentient beings to Enlightenment. In all of Mahayana Buddhism, he is considered the Bodhisattva of Wisdom; in Vajrayana, he is a completely enlightened Buddha. (This is not a contradiction, but rather, a path: the Bodhisattva path leads to Buddha Enlightenment).
He is also one of the three “great” Bodhisattvas, along with Avalokiteshvara and Vajrapani. Broadly speaking, they represent three critical concepts, or the three virtues of the Buddha:
- Manjushri: wisdom and insight (prajna)
- Avalokiteshvara: compassion and love (metta)
- Vajrapani: power and strength and protection.
- A leads to the insight that the essence of all things is unproduced.
- RA leads to the insight that all things are pure and free of defilements.
- PA leads to the insight that all dharmas have been “expounded in the ultimate sense.”
- CA leads to the insight that the arising and ceasing of things cannot be apprehended because in reality there is no arising or ceasing.
- NA leads to the insight that although the names for things change the nature of things behind their names cannot be gained or lost.
- Every painting is nicely packed with hand made lokta paper and is put inside a strong non bendable PVC Pipes for expedition.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.