Amitayus is synonymous with Amitabha, the Buddha of Infinite Light. He is one of the three 'Long-Life Buddhas' and he holds a long-life vase, filled with the nectar of immortality, the elixir of life.
Amitayus is the Buddha of all things beneficial to our lives. Outwardly, his practice grants us an abundance of worldly necessities: health, family, friends, and good living conditions. Inwardly, we attain a greater understanding of Dharma and develop more positive states of mind. He is especially popular amongst Buddhist practitioners for the tremendous benefits his practice brings, such as immediate peace and joy.
"Mantra : Om Amarani Jiwantiye Soha"
This is a canvas painted thangka of Amitayus, the Buddha of Infinite Life. This painting is painted by an extremely skilled thangka painter from Nepal. Amitayus is holding the ambrosia vase from which spill the jewels of eternal life.
- Product Size: 75 cm x 56 cm
- Cotton Canvas
- Material Used: Natural Colors
Why and How to hang Amitayus Thangka?
Amitayus is an ideal gift for family and friends as it brings infinite benefits to the recipient. It is also a very significant and auspicious practice for Dharma students to offer Amitayus to their Lamas, as a request for them to live long and to continue to spread the Buddha's teachings.
- The east and southeast direction of your house is the best area for placement of Amitayus Buddha Thangka, Statue, and arts.
- You should never keep Amitayus Thangka in Kitchen, Bathroom, and Floor, according to Feng Shui there should be a minimum of 3 feet height above ground.
- Burning essentials oil, candles, and keeping crystals add positive energy to the altar space surrounding Amitayus Buddha.
- It is believed this is one solution for success and long life. Also, when you die you will get born in Amitayus's pure land