Chengrezi also known as Avalokitesvara is a bodhisattva. Chenrezig is mainly referred to as the bodhisattva of compassion. He is the lord endowed with complete illumination. In one prominent Buddhist story, Chengresi vows never to rest until he has helped free all sentient beings from samsara.
The four arms of Chenrezig symbolize:
- Immeasurable loving kindness
- Immeasurable compassion
- Immeasurable joy
- Immeasurable equanimity
Chenrezig is also known as Changresi or Kuan Yin in Chinese.Chenrezig is not a real person, but a part or an aspect of our enlightened Buddha Mind according to Tibetan Buddhism. Chenrezig is depicted in bright white perfect body with all signs of Bodhisattva of Compassion. With 4 arms, the two palms join in a praying gesture, in third hand holds a lotus flower near his ear, symbolizing the purity of his mind, in right hand holds prayer beads and the six syllables of om mani padme hung joyfully dancing in his heart. He sits on a large Lotus flower, joyfully smiling with a great compassion looking to the sentient beings. He is always listening someone will recite his mantra and ask for his help. Chenrezig is always ready to come and help.
- Size: 150 cm x 105 cm
- Materials Used: Cotton canvas
Why and how to hang Chengresi Thangka?
- Chengresi can be hanged in places where sacred practices are done, as it is worshiped as visual aid by Buddhists.
- Chengresi Thangka is best kept in the place where meditation is practiced.
- Chengresi Thangka can also be hung in your living rooms and workstations for a very positive ambience of the room and its surroundings.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.