The ancient Shri Yantra has become a trendy design and we can see it almost everywhere- jewellery, T-shirts, cups, wall decoration and many more. But most don’t realize the meaning and symbology of the nine interlocking triangles and double ring of lotus petals that surrounds a central point known as Bindu.
The word “ Sri Yantra” is a Sanskrit word. Sri Means the wealth and “Yantra” refers to the tools for meditation. The enchanting diagram consists of nine triangles that intersect at various points to form 43 smaller triangles . The four triangles pointing upwards, represents Shiva, or the masculine. The five triangles pointing downwards, symbolizes female embodiment, or Shakti. Thus the Sri Yantra also represents the union of masculine and feminine divine energies. The triangles are enclosed by a lotus with eight petals and a lotus with sixteen petals, representing creation and the reproductive vital force. The outer frame denotes a sanctuary resembling a temple with four openings to the regions of the universe. Every line, triangle, and lotus petal symbolizes a specific type of shakti.
How to Use the Sri Yantra?
Meditate on this Yantra and focus on your goals to attract prosperity and abundance into your life. Sit comfortably in a position that allows you to remain alert. As you look at the Yantra, allow your eyes to focus on its center. This dot in the center is called the “Bindu”, which represents the unity that underlies all the diversity of the physical world. Now allow your eyes to see the triangle that encloses the Bindu. The downward pointing triangle represents the feminine creative power, while the upward facing triangle represents male energy. Allow your vision to expand to include the circles outside of the triangles. Bring your awareness to lotus realising its meaning slowly focus on the T shaped gateways.
Notice that all this information was there all along, you just became aware of it. Now slowly reverse the process by re-focusing back to the center of the yantra. Now gently close your eyes. You may still see the yantra in your mind’s eye. T Keep your attention on the mind image until it completely fades.
Repeat as many times as you like. Try doing the practice for 30-days and find out what happens to life under the influence of the Shri Yantra.
Where to place shri Yantra?
You may place the Shri Yantra preferably near the West wall, so that the tip faces East. If not, then you may place on any wall, except the East wall. It should be placed in such a location which is visible from all sides of your living room, as it will affect all locations from where it is visible
Benefits of Sri Yantra
· Supercharges your self-awareness & illuminates a clear path to your inner self.
· Empowers your inner self with the clarity to understand, explore, and spark massive change in the outside world.
· Switches on your dormant “superpowers” to turn your deepest, most ambitious desires into reality.
· Opens your eyes (and heart) to the people and wisdom that will rocket you towards your desires.
· Flushes out the negative energy and blocks that silently sabotage your every step.
· Unshackles you from the confines of your current reality, so you are free to begin accomplishing the “impossible”.
· Sri Yantra brings good fortune, wealth and prosperity to one’s life.
· If we focus on each element of Sri Yantra it gives us deeper enlightenment on particular deity.