Manjushri is commonly depicted as a male Bodhisattva handling a flaming sword in his right hand, which actually represents the supreme realization of transcendent wisdom which cuts down duality, suffering, and ignorance. The sacred scripture supported by the lotus (padma) held in his left hand is a Prajnaparamita sutra (the Perfection of Wisdom), representing Manjushri’s attainment of ultimate realization from the blossoming of knowledge and wisdom.
Mañjuśrī is often depicted as riding on a blue lion or sitting on the skin of a lion. this represents the use of wisdom to tame the mind. Mañjuśrī is sometimes depicted in a trinity with Avalokiteśvara and Vajrapani. Manjushri is identified as the oldest and most significant bodhisattva. His pure land is predicted to be one of the two best pure lands in all of existence in all the past, present, and future.
Mantra: "Om A Ra Pa Ca Na Dhih"
In this thangka, we have Manjushri sitting on a lotus representing his purity and pure lands. The light around his head represents an embodiment of enlightened wisdom. He holds a flaming sword in his right hand which represents the realization of transcendent wisdom which cuts down ignorance and duality.
- Size: 75 cm x 55 cm
- Materials Used:
- Cotton canvas
- Golden dust and natural colors
Why and how to hang Manjushri Thangka?
- Manjushri can be hanged in places where sacred practices are done, as it is worshiped as a visual aid by Buddhists.
- Manjushri Thangka is best kept in the place where meditation is practiced.
- Manjushri Thangka can also be hung in your living rooms and workstations for a very positive ambiance of the room and its surroundings.
- Manjushri is a meditational deity and is used to aid the worshiper in meditation.
All Thangka Paintings at Himalayas Shop are genuine hand paintings from Nepal painted by highly skilled lama artists. These hand paintings thangka is painted on cotton canvas using natural stone color and other materials like gold, silver, lapis mineral.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.