This exquisite Mahakala Buddhism Thangka Painting is crafted with traditional techniques. Here at Himalayas Shop, our Thangkas are painted by hand on cotton canvas with natural stone color, gold, and other natural pigments. Depending upon the quality, it can take anywhere from one month to years to complete a single Thangka.
If you require Thangka Brocade for this thangka please quote us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mahakala's body color is represented by midnight blue color- symbolizing his changeless dharmakaya nature - and he's bristling with wrath, draped in serpents, and sporting a garland of severed heads and a crown of five skulls that symbolize the five defilements. His right hand is brandishing Kartri - symbolizing the cutting of ego clinging - and his left hand is brandishing a Kapala (filled with blood) - controlling the naughty ones. Three eyes? That's to clearly see the past, present, and future! Oh, and his smeared-in-blood lips? Eradicating evil like a boss.
- Handmade painting from Nepal
- Pure Gold and Natural Stone Colors
Where do I hang my Thangka Art?
- Add this Beautiful Piece of Thangka Painting to your mini altar space for meditation practices.
- Hang it on your Living Room & bedroom Space for the positive vibration around your home.
- Decorate the corridors with Buddha paintings along with the lighting, it can bring whole new feelings.
- Hang It Infront of your Study Table to make the environment calm and reduce the level of anxiety.
This is a very high-quality Thangka painting from The Himalayas purely made by hand with natural stone color and pure gold.