A Green Tara statue is a representation of the bodhisattva Green Tara, who is highly revered in Tibetan Buddhism. It is typically depicted with a green complexion, adorned with jewels, and in a seated posture with her right leg extended in a relaxed pose and her left foot resting on a lotus flower. Green Tara is associated with compassion, healing, and swift action, and is known as the "Swift Liberator" due to her ability to quickly come to the aid of beings in distress. Devotees engage in various practices such as chanting her mantra, reciting prayers, and making offerings to connect with her compassionate energy.
Where to place Green Tara Statue ?
A Green Tara statue can be positioned differently according on the user's preferences and the intended use. Here are some typical recommendations about where to put a statue of the Green Tara:
- Altar or Shrine: Decorate an altar or shrine with sacred objects such as incense, candles, and offerings to create a sacred and devotional space for the statue.
- Meditation Space: Place the Green Tara statue in a designated meditation area to cultivate a connection with Green Tara and seek her blessings.
- Living Room or Common Area: The Green Tara statue serves as a visual reminder of compassion, protection, and spiritual values for both residents and visitors.
- Office or Workspace: The Green Tara statue can serve as a source of inspiration, reminding us of compassion, wisdom, and the need to overcome challenges.
- Size: 21.5 cm x 15 cm
- Materials: Copper, Brass
- Origination: Antique from Nepal