The sacral chakra is the second chakra in our body. The sacral chakra, or “Swadisthana” chakra in Sanskrit which means “your own place”, has received the nicknames likes “the sex chakra,” “the social chakra,” and “the creation chakra.” The Sacral Chakra is your passion and pleasure centre and it is located in the pelvic area or lower belly or as some believe in the genital area. While the Root Chakra is satisfied with survival, the Sacral chakra seeks satisfaction and contentment.
It acts as the individual’s center of pleasure and passion — both sensually and creatively. This chakra governs reproductive systems and processes, sexuality, relationships, emotions, creativity and sense of adventure. The Second Chakra is centered on personal identity or personal play in the external world and how it responds to the seductive forces of the physical world.
Sacral chakra symbol
The symbol of Sacral Chakra is composed of:
The circle represents the elements of water. Typically, the moon crescent is colored in silver and represents the connection of the energy of the moon with water. The sacral chakra is most commonly represented with the color orange. And the mantra of this chakra is "Vam".
· A circle with six petals and
· A moon crescent
What if there is Imbalance in the Sacral Chakra?
Sacral Chakra gets blocked or pushed out of alignment by anything that’s boring, repetitive or stifling. In addition, if someone gives a negative feedback about your creativity or sexuality, your sacral chakra can be negatively influenced as a result. Therefore, if the Second Chakra is unbalanced, it can lead both physical as well as emotional issues.
The physical level imbalance in Sacral Chakra causes following health problems:
· Chronic lower back pain
· Genital or sexual problems/ Bladder discomfort
· Hip issues
On emotional level, imbalance Sacral Chakra shows following symptoms and problems:
· Feeling easily offended
· Lack of creative inspiration
· Fear of change
· Guilt about the past
· Low self-worth
· Addictive behaviours (including the unhealthy use of drugs or alcohol, but also extending to behaviours like excessive spending, sexual compulsions, gambling problems, and overeating).
How to Balance Sacral Chakra?
The color of Sacral Chakra is Orange which is associated with the color of sunrise and its element is water which in Sanskrit is associated with “flow” and “Transparency”. So, to balance Sacral Chakra you can Dance in the morning like no one is watching, make love during sunrise, perform specific asanas in yoga, singing bowl therapy, sound therapy, meditation and get creative.
Best way to know the change is Sacral chakra is to keep a journal of any negative emotions you want to let it go and create the life and loving relationships that you want.
The yoga poses like Trikonasana and Dancer pose and singing bowl therapy is a quick way to bring balance in Sacral Chakra. The Singing bowl that produces 288Hz frequency or musical note D opens the Sacral chakra in our body. The vibration produced by such singing bowl also open ups the blocked chakra points in body. The Himalayas 7 Chakra singing bowl is tuned according to Musical note that best fit the 7 chakras in our body.
· To perform Sacral Chakra sound meditation, you need to follow steps:
· Wear a locket, necklace or bracelet made of orange moon stone or Carnelian.
· Place a Sacral Chakra singing bowl in the palm of your left hand and a mallet in your right hand.
· Sit in a comfortable, quiet place where you won’t be disturbed. Keep your spine straight, and your limbs relaxed.
· Take ten slow, deep breaths. Inhale through the nose, pulling the breath as far down into your body as you can, and exhale through the mouth.
· Picture a spinning orange circle in the location of your sacral chakra.
· Since the sacral chakra’s element is water, imagine the orange light of the chakra spreading out in rippling waves, slowly enveloping your whole body. At a same time play a singing bowl by rubbing the rim of the singing bowl. In few moments you will feel yourself warming up in response.
· Do this for as long as you like (preferably for at least five minutes), then open your eyes when you’re ready.
Other tips to Balance Sacral Chakra
· Hang 7 Chakra Body Thangka from Himalayas Shop on the sacred area of your home and perform either Sacral Chakra yoga or Sacral Chakra Sound Meditation.
· Wear orange moon stone or Carnelian on daily basis.
· Eating healthy foods is good for maintaining open chakras. Eating fruits like orange, papayas, mangoes and peaches, seed like pumpkin, sunflower seeds, poppy and coconuts juice and fruit teas also help to maintain sacral chakra open.
· Wear orange color clothes.
· Burn essence oils made form cardamom, eucalyptus, chamomile, spearmint, patchouli, rose, or clary sage.
· Practicing the above methods/technique on Tuesday, specially to heal and balance the Sacral chakra.