The seventh chakra, Crown chakra, is referred to as the thousand-petal lotus chakra. The Sanskrit name is “Sahasrara” which translates to “thousand petals. This is the last of the seven chakra and is located at the crown of the head or just right above our head. Crown chakra is source of enlightenment and spiritual connection to all that is. It is a connection to our higher selves, to every being on the planet, and ultimately the divine energy that creates everything in the universe.
True opening of Sahaswara means the realization that you are pure awareness. You are pure consciousness, undivided, and all expansive. Like a drop in the ocean, you are a part of that ocean that contains and encompasses every aspect of it.
The crown chakra is responsible for the transcendence of your limitations. When you are immersed in the energy of your seventh chakra, you feel a state of blissful unity with everything around you. The crown chakra enables you to move beyond materialistic needs and to connect with the universe as a whole. This chakra allows access to the utmost clarity and enlightened wisdom. The crown chakra is the meeting point between the physical body and the universe and soul.
Crown chakra symbol
The symbol of the sacral chakra is contains a circle and a thousand petals. The color associated with this chakra is White and its petals are multi color, like a rainbow. The circle is sometimes compared to the symbol of the full moon. And the element is “The Cosmos”.
And the mantra is “AUM”.
What if there is Imbalance in the Crown Chakra?
All the chakra is interconnected with each other; when one chakra experiences blockage or imbalances it affects all others. This disturbance of energy flow causes your body, sprit and mind to suffer.
When the crown chakra is imbalanced, it can cause you to feel out of sorts, and put stress on your body and mind. If you are working towards finding peace in life or finding your connection to the universe, it is important that you open and balances your crown chakra.
The blocked Crown chakra shows following physical symptoms on our body:
· Poor coordination
· Chronic tension headaches
The blocked Crown chakra shows following emotional/ spiritual symptoms on our body:
· Disconnecting from your spirituality
· Self-destructive tendencies
· Confusion about what you want to do
· Lack of inspiration
· Desire to oversleep
How to Balance Crown Chakra?
There are many techniques that can bring alignment or balance to imbalanced crown chakra. As crown chakra opens when we have attained psychological maturity and spiritual development. The first thing to do to bring balance on crown chakra is to write down what earthly and materialistic needs that are holding you and let it go.
Going outside and feeling a deep connection and unity with world around you, hiking to hills and mountains to see grand view, largeness and beauty also opens up the crown chakra. Few specific yoga poses like Padmasana (Lotus Pose), Supta Baddha Konasana (Reclining Bound Angle), Salamba Sirsasana (Supported Headstand) and Vrksasana (Tree Pose) also opens up the blocked crown chakra.
Chakra Singing bowl therapy also opens the blocked Crown chakra in few sessions. The musical note “B” is associated with Crown chakra, so when the sound and vibration produced by such singing bowl, our body reacts to it quickly then other ways to open Crown chakra. Our body is made with 70% water, so the vibration produced by singing bowl has direct affect to our body.
There are many advanced techniques to bring balance to crown chakra but the simplest one often is the most effective ones. A simple singing bowl sound meditation can bring balance to unaligned crown chakra in balance.
To perform Crown Chakra sound meditation, you need to follow steps:
· Wear a necklace or bracelet made of Clear quartz or sphatik mala or Sugilite, or Selenite.
· Place a Crown Chakra singing bowl in the palm of your left hand and a mallet in your right hand.
· Sit in a comfortable, quiet place where you won’t be disturbed. Keep your spine straight, your limbs relaxed and your feet on the floor.
· Shut your eyes, take 10 deep breath, inhale through the nose and exhale through the mouth. Feel your body relaxing as you do this.
· Focus your attention on the top of your head, imagine a lotus at the top of the head, see the lotus petals unfurling to show you a bright violet light—the crown chakra color. At a same time play a Crown chakra singing bowl by rubbing the rim of the singing bowl in clockwise rotation.
· Relax on the sound produced by Crown chakra singing bowl. As you continue to hear the sound from singing bowl breathe slowly and deeply, picture the light getting brighter and brighter, warming the crown of your head.
· Let that warmth spread downwards throughout your whole body. Think of yourself of absorbing the Crown chakra’s energy—allow yourself to feel it all over.
· Practice this sound meditation for 5 minutes and when ready slowly rub your palm of your hand and place in your eyes. After that slowly open your eye.
Other tips to Balance Crown Chakra
· Hang Chakra thangka or Crown chakra Mandala or Cosmos Mandala on the sacred area of your home and perform either Crown Chakra yoga or Crown Chakra Sound Meditation.
· Wear bracelet made from Clear quartz or Sugilite, or Selenite on regular basis.
· To bring balance to Crown chakra you should eat foods like passion fruit, eggplant, red grapes, ginger, pepper mint and drink herbal teas.
· Wear white or voilet color clothes on Sundays.
· Burn essence oils made form Violet, lavender, lotus or elemi.
· Practicing the above methods/technique on Sundays specially to heal and balance the Crown chakra.